My name is Suzy Le Carpentier and I am a Practitioner with many years experience working therapeutically with all ages in the North East.
I have a private therapy room based inside Hexham Community Centre with parking and disabled access.
Much of my experience has been supporting clients with their Mental Health and wellbeing. I have many years
experience working with clients facing a range of challenging circumstances including depression, anxiety, stress, bullying, self harm, suicide and loss, Adoption ,trauma, bereavement , life limiting
illness, family separation, divorce, domestic abuse , Sexual abuse and various other forms of abuse.
I have a Diploma in Childhood Bereavement and a background in managing a childrens and adult bereavement
service in the North East. I have worked with charities in Hexham including Hexham Youth Inititive , Number28 and Northumberland Domestic abuse services. I also work as a therapist for
businesses across tynedale who's employees access support from myself . I have also worked as a school counsellor in a local private school.
I am on the register at Adopt North east which is part of Northumberland county council and work with
families in tynedale who have adopted a child who needs therapy post adoption. Funding is available for children who have been adopted.
I work with all ages and have a vast amount of experience working with both adults and
I am a therapist but I am also your advocate and will support you while you or your family are in therapy . I ensure that I listen carefully to your
needs and adapt my therapy style.
Families , children and young people
Access to emotional support for children, young people and parents, can sometimes be a challenge. I am pleased to be able to offer an accessible private
support service in Northumberland in the heart of Hexham .
With younger people it can be daunting to talk to a stranger and I do all I can to help a young person feel safe , comfortable and
relaxed . I use lots of creative ways to engage children and young people as sitting down face to face with a therapist can be intimidating ,being creative and talking at the same time can help
children feel safe and allows them to open up and talk freely.
Current practice and work
- Private mental health counselling practice & premises in Hexham
- Training for adults working with children affected by bereavement and traumatic death. Training for professionals
- Facilitatation of support groups for adults and children
- On the Adoption therapy register offering therapy to children after adoption.
Trained in the following areas
- Diploma in Childhood Bereavement
- Self Harm
- Delivering Safeguarding Training
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Safeguarding Children from Abuse by Sexual Exploitation
- Childhood Anxiety Disorders
- Supporting the Worried Child
- Supporting Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Childhood Sleep Difficulties
- Child Development, Loss Through the Life Cycle
- Pre-Bereavement Support
- Impact of Parental Mental Health
- Spiritual Support during Bereavement and Diagnoses Level 1 & 2
- Traumatic Bereavement and events trained
- Sexual Health - C Card Trained
- Adolescent Bereavement
- Supervision and support of practitioners
- First Aid trained 2017