My name is Suzy Le Carpentier and I am a Practitioner with many years experience working therapeutically with All ages in the North East.
I have a private therapy room based inside Hexham Community Centre with parking and disabled access.
Much of my experience has been supporting clients with their Mental Health and wellbeing. I have many years
experience working with clients facing a range of challenging circumstances including depression, anxiety, stress, bullying, self harm, suicide and loss, Adoption ,trauma, life limiting illness,
family separation, divorce, domestic abuse and various forms of abuse.
I have a Diploma in Childhood Bereavement and a background in managing a childrens and adult bereavement
service in the North East.
I work with all ages and have a vast amount of experience working with both adults and children.
Access to emotional support for children, young people and parents, can sometimes be a challenge. I am pleased to be able to offer an accessible private
support service in the North East where I work on a self employed basis.
Current practice and work
- Private mental health counselling practice & premises in Hexham
- Training for adults working with children affected by bereavement and traumatic death. Training for professionals
- Facilitatation of support groups for adults and children
- On the Adoption therapy register offering therapy to children after adoption.
Trained in the following areas
- Diploma in Childhood Bereavement
- Self Harm
- Delivering Safeguarding Training
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Safeguarding Children from Abuse by Sexual Exploitation
- Childhood Anxiety Disorders
- Supporting the Worried Child
- Supporting Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Childhood Sleep Difficulties
- Child Development, Loss Through the Life Cycle
- Pre-Bereavement Support
- Impact of Parental Mental Health
- Spiritual Support during Bereavement and Diagnoses Level 1 & 2
- Traumatic Bereavement and events trained
- Sexual Health - C Card Trained
- Adolescent Bereavement
- Supervision and support of practitioners
- First Aid trained 2017